Due to new regulations being in force from May 2018, we have a legal obligation to make clear to our customers what data we collect when you use our website, how we protect that data and how long we keep your data for.
What we think most people need to know is that:
- We only keep any information that is relevant to us being able to process your order and deliver your products to you, or that we are legally bound to keep to enable us to run a business – e.g. for tax and accounting purposes.
- We NEVER sell your information to any third party.
Who we are
- Our website address is: https://www.iwoodbuyit.biz.
- This is our online/website name.
- Our company is Apley Castle Construction Ltd.
- Registered (in England & Wales) Company Number: 6785498
What data we collect and why we collect it
- We only collect information that is relevant to us being able to process your order and deliver your products to you.
- This is: your name, your delivery address, your email address and your telephone number if you have provided it.
- We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
- While you visit our site, we’ll track:
• Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
• Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
• Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
• Send you information about your account and order
• Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
• Process payments and prevent fraud
• Set up your account for our store
• Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
• Improve our store offerings
Who can see your data
- Members of our team have access to the information you provide us.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
- For example, Website Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent to
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- When visitors leave comments or reviews on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included.
- Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year.
- If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
- Embedded content from other websites behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
- Some products in our online store are purchased from a third party supplier. We will provide, only when necessary, basic delivery information (ie: your name and delivery address) to the relevant supplier or delivery courier in order to fulfil your purchase requirements.
- We never share or sell your data with any other third party.
- We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
How long we retain your data
- We keep your personal information until we know that you have successfully received the product you have ordered and are happy with what you have received.
- We will store order information for a minimum of six years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
- If you leave a comment on our website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
- This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
- All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username).
- Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
- This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
- If you have any concerns regarding how we protect your data, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your concerns.